Climate of Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia Average Weather
- Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia is at 19°38'S, 134°11'E, 377 m (1237 ft). See map.
- Tennant Creek, Northern Territory has a subtropical steppe/ low-latitude semi-arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSh).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Tennant Creek, Northern Territory is situated in or near the tropical thorn woodland biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 25.7 degrees Celsius (78.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 13.2 °C (23.8°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 425.4 mm (16.7 inches) which is equivalent to 425.4 Litres/m² (10.43 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Tennant Creek, Northern Territory you would come out nearest to the climate station at Charnocks, Barbados where you would find a Tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate.
The climate table uses colour to represent the data so you can get a good idea about the climate at a glance. The colour also helps when comparing two or more locations that you can switch between in separate tabs in your browser. There are links along the side and top to the various sections where we are adding additional details including in the new discussion section where you can read and add posts about the various aspects!
Climate of Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia Discussion
We are pleased to announce the release of the new discussion section. Here you will discover a wealth of knowledge about the various aspects of the local climate presented by our international community. We would like to invite you to help get discussion started by visiting those locations you are familiar with. Is there something noteworthy about the climate there that you can enlighten us about? Discussion is subdivided into specific topics such as the months of the year and aspects such as day length and temperature. When you have an idea of something fascinating to share please visit the specific page most fitting and add your post using the simple interface. No registration or third party network login is necessary.
Topic: Climate of Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia - 876.2 kms (544.5 miles) NNW
- Wyndham, Western Australia, Australia - 794.2 kms (493.5 miles) NW
- Daly Waters, Northern Territory, Australia - 384.8 kms (239.1 miles) NNW
- Halls Creek, Western Australia, Australia - 703.4 kms (437.1 miles) WNW
- Tennant Crk Post Office Was 014050, Australia - 1.4 kms (0.9 miles) NNW
- Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia - 473.6 kms (294.3 miles) SSW
- Alice Springs, Australia - 462.8 kms (287.6 miles) S
- District 13 (Giles M.O), Australia - 851.5 kms (529.1 miles) SW
- Coen, Queensland, Australia - 1149.3 kms (714.2 miles) ENE
- Normanton, Queensland, Australia - 759.9 kms (472.2 miles) ENE
- Cloncurry, Queensland, Australia - 669.6 kms (416.1 miles) E
- Mount Isa, Australia - 565.5 kms (351.4 miles) ESE
- Hughenden, Queensland, Australia - 1055.1 kms (655.7 miles) E
- Longreach Post Office, Australia - 1125.6 kms (699.5 miles) ESE
- Longreach, Australia - 1125.6 kms (699.5 miles) ESE
- Oodnadatta, South Australia, Australia - 882.2 kms (548.2 miles) S