Tennant Creek, Northern Territory Climate & Temperature
- Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia is at 19°38'S, 134°11'E, 377 m (1237 ft). See map.
- Tennant Creek, Northern Territory has a subtropical steppe/ low-latitude semi-arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSh).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Tennant Creek, Northern Territory is situated in or near the tropical thorn woodland biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 25.7 degrees Celsius (78.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 13.2 °C (23.8°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 425.4 mm (16.7 inches) which is equivalent to 425.4 Litres/m² (10.43 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Tennant Creek, Northern Territory you would come out nearest to the climate station at Charnocks, Barbados where you would find a Tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Topic: Climate of Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia - 876.2 kms (544.5 miles) NNW
- Wyndham, Western Australia, Australia - 794.2 kms (493.5 miles) NW
- Daly Waters, Northern Territory, Australia - 384.8 kms (239.1 miles) NNW
- Halls Creek, Western Australia, Australia - 703.4 kms (437.1 miles) WNW
- Tennant Crk Post Office Was 014050, Australia - 1.4 kms (0.9 miles) NNW
- Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia - 473.6 kms (294.3 miles) SSW
- Alice Springs, Australia - 462.8 kms (287.6 miles) S
- District 13 (Giles M.O), Australia - 851.5 kms (529.1 miles) SW
- Coen, Queensland, Australia - 1149.3 kms (714.2 miles) ENE
- Normanton, Queensland, Australia - 759.9 kms (472.2 miles) ENE
- Cloncurry, Queensland, Australia - 669.6 kms (416.1 miles) E
- Mount Isa, Australia - 565.5 kms (351.4 miles) ESE
- Hughenden, Queensland, Australia - 1055.1 kms (655.7 miles) E
- Longreach Post Office, Australia - 1125.6 kms (699.5 miles) ESE
- Longreach, Australia - 1125.6 kms (699.5 miles) ESE
- Oodnadatta, South Australia, Australia - 882.2 kms (548.2 miles) S